If there has been a substantial change in circumstances since your final judgment, an alimony modification may be possible. There are a few different types of alimony awarded in Florida and most can be modified or terminated if changes substantiate this. Changes that can effect an alimony modification can be due to income changes or other changes such as :
- Payee’s Income has significantly increased
- Your former spouse’s income has substantially decreased
- *Former spouse is engaged in a supportive relationship
- Other changes that are considered unavoidable, substantial and permanent in nature.
We can help you to determine whether you should seek a modification or termination of an alimony award. The enforcement or modification of Alimony in Florida is governed by Fl Statutes 61.14. and in part states;
1. *The court may reduce or terminate an award of alimony upon specific written findings by: the court that since the granting of a divorce and the award of alimony a supportive relationship has existed between the obligee and a person with whom the obligee resides. On the issue of whether alimony should be reduced or terminated under this paragraph, the burden is on the obligor to prove by a preponderance of the evidence that a supportive relationship exists.
2. In determining whether an existing award of alimony should be reduced or terminated because of an alleged supportive relationship between an obligee and a person who is not related by consanguinity or affinity and with whom the obligee resides, the court shall elicit the nature and extent of the relationship in question. The court shall give consideration, without limitation, to circumstances, including, but not limited to, the following, in determining the relationship of an obligee to another person:
Have You Received a Petition for Modification of Alimony in Tampa Bay?
Top-Rated Tampa Bay Divorce & Alimony Attorneys
Attorney Nilo J Sanchez has 25 years of experience representing clients who are seeking to modify existing court orders such as alimony modifications in Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas County, Florida. Our Family Law Firm is conveniently located in Tampa, Florida and Attorney Sanchez & Associates practice in multiple Jurisdictions in Tampa Bay. This means that we can assist you if you need an:
- Alimony attorney in Pinellas County, FL
- Alimony Attorney Pasco County FL
- Alimony Attorney Hillsborough County Fl
Please call our law firm to schedule an affordable family law consultation with Tampa Divorce lawyers , Nilo J Sanchez & Associates PA, Family Law & Divorce AttorneysRead: Female divorce attorney Tampa, FL, (A Client’s Choice)
If you’re in need of an aggressive divorce attorney in Tampa or surrounding locales in Tampa Bay, Nilo J Sanchez & Associates fit the bill. Aggressive, yet calm, focused legal solutions and strategies to help you in any family law matter.
Find Out if You Can Modify Your Alimony , Schedule a Consultation with Tampa Bay Divorce & Family Law Lawyer
To determine whether your alimony is modifiable and your circumstance meet the requirements necessary to modify alimony according to Florida Law, please schedule a consultation with our Tampa Bay Alimony Lawyers at the Law Firm of Nilo J Sanchez & Associates PA Family Law & Divorce Attorneys.
Telephone: (813)879-4600 Schedule a Family Law Consultation. Zoom, Telephonic, In-Person Consults Available for Your Convenience.
Reach Out to Nilo J Sanchez & Associates