Opening & Answering a Divorce or Other Family Law Case in Tampa Bay, FL.
Briana Dimler is an associate attorney at Nilo J Sanchez & Associates PA. Below, she discusses how a divorce or other family law case is opened in Tampa Bay. In addition, she explains what you need to do if you’ve been served a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage (divorce papers), paternity action or other lawsuits related to Florida family law. Further, she notes the reasons and the consequences of filing for a “clerk’s default” and the importance of avoiding this.
Deadlines When Answering a Family Law Petition
Stressing the importance of deadlines and explaining the basic process of opening a family law case in the family law system in Florida, Attorney Dimler provides helpful information to understand the process if:
- You’re anticipating a divorce
- You have been served with a petition for dissolution of marriage
- Seeking to establish paternity
- Been served with a paternity action
- Seeking to modify a family law order that’s already been entered by the court
- Been served with a supplemental petition for modification
- Seeking to relocate or if you have been served with a petition to relocate with a minor child
If you have questions about this or any other family law matter, reach out to Nilo J Sanchez & Associates PA Family Law & Divorce Attorneys. Located in Tampa, we are seasoned Tampa divorce and family law attorneys practicing in Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco County, FL.
Request Information or a Family Law Consultation
If you would like to obtain information or to schedule a family law consultation, call (813) 879-4600 or feel free to send us a secure message below.